History of the PBA

In 1895, the possibility of legislative regulation of the practice of law in Pennsylvania was the catalyst for the establishment of the Pennsylvania Bar Association.

Since then, the PBA has played an active role in legislative affairs and legal reform. It also has supported lawyers by providing information and tools to improve their practices.

Although society and the day-to-day pressures of practicing law have changed over the years, the cooperative effort that was the basis for the establishment of the PBA is as relevant today as it was in 1895.

Historical Articles about the PBA

PBA Presidents, 1895 to Present

Videos of Past Presidents Offering Their Perspectives

 
 
 
 

 


 

 

Ad
Ad
Ad
Ad

 

Headquarters:
100 South Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101

Phone: 800-932-0311

Western Pennsylvania Office:

Heinz 57 Center, 339 Sixth Avenue, Suite 760
Pittsburgh, PA 15222 Phone: 412-914-8840