The Section on Real Property, Probate and Trust Law shall take as its province the development and practical working of the law relating to real property in all its aspects and to decedents' and trust estates and guardianships.
P.A. Bylaws, Article VI, Section 657
Welcome to the Real Property Probate and Trust (RPPT) Law Section page. The section is extremely active, and there are valuable benefits to section membership. Section activities and benefits include the following:
- Two extremely active Listservs – Real Property and Probate/Trust
- Semi-annual newsletter full of hot topics, legislative news, recent case law and more
- Annual retreat offering up to 9 CLE credits on substantive RPPT topics, ethics, practice management, wellness and others
- Engaged legislative committee that regularly reviews, comments on and even drafts legislation
- Collaboration and cooperation with other PBA sections and committees through appointment of various liaisons, such as the RPPT Section liaisons to the Minority Bar Committee, Elder Law Section and Young Lawyers Division.
Of course, the most rewarding benefit of section membership is the networking and professional collaboration. Members have the opportunity to meet and engage with practitioners across the commonwealth. It is in these settings that the knowledge and expertise of our section members becomes apparent. I am consistently impressed by the breadth and depth of that knowledge and expertise.
If you are visiting this page and are not yet a section member, please take advantage of section membership by joining today. If you are a section member, thank you for your contributions. If you are not active, please consider getting more involved. If you have ideas about how the section can better serve its members or contribute to the profession, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Alison T. Smith, Chair