The Section on Elder Law shall take as its province the development and practical working of substantive elder law issues, legal education, and ethical guidelines.
PBA Bylaws, Article VI, Section 668
The purpose of the Elder Law Section is to enable Pennsylvania attorneys to meet the needs of their clients through the exchange of ideas and information on substantive elder law issues. The section also shall promote improvement in substantive law, legal education and ethical guidelines.
Elder Law Section Bylaws, Article X, Section 2
Welcome to the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Elder Law Section page. If you are already a member, welcome. If you are a visitor, welcome to you as well.
The purpose of the Section is to help attorneys meet the needs of their clients through the exchange of ideas and information on substantive elder law issues. The Section also promotes improvement in substantive law, legal education and ethical guidelines. Some of the Section’s recent and ongoing initiatives include:
- A very active e-mail listserv.
- Recent establishment of monthly conference calls with the Department of Aging Secretary, Teresa Osborne and the Section Council.
- Recent creation of a Legislative Review Committee (LRC) to closely track and respond to proposed legislation concerning elder law issues.
- A recent initiative to review and update the Section’s webpages in coordination with PBA’s recent overall website redesign.
- Appointment of liaisons with the Young Lawyers Division and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section.
If you are interested in volunteering, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. We are always looking for new volunteers and ideas. If you are not a member, please consider joining our Section!
Dionysios C. Pappas, Chair (2018-2019)