A program cosponsored by the PBA Young Lawyers Division, Wills for Heroes provides free basic estate planning documents to a variety of heroes, including police, fire, emergency medical personnel, other first responders, military veterans and the essential personnel we celebrated during the pandemic. WFH provides those on the frontlines for our personal safety with the tools they need to prepare adequately for the future.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/WFHPA/
Programs are staffed by lawyer and other volunteers and are conveniently offered to heroes at convenient community sites.
Twitter - @Wills4HeroesPA
Want to bring Wills for Heroes to your county?
Click here for a list of county coordinators.
For more information, contact the YLD or one of the Pennsylvania program directors:
Want to be a volunteer? Click here.
Are you a first responder, military veteran, or pandemic essential personnel? Click here for more information.
Upcoming W4H County Events
Numerous spring Wills for Heroes events are being planned. Look for information here.
- Saturday, March 18, 2023 – Wills for Heroes, Quentin Fire Company Lebanon
- Saturday, April 1, 2023 – Lancaster County Public Safety Training Center, 101 Champ Boulevard, Manheim. To sign up for this event, email Cindy firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the schedule.
- Saturday, April 15, 2023 – Wills for Heroes, Widener Commonwealth Law School, Harrisburg
- Saturday, July 8, 2023 – Luzerne County Community College ( LCCC ). More details to follow.
- Saturday, June 10, 2023 – Wills for Heroes, Lancaster County. To sign up for this event, email Cindy email@example.com to get on the schedule.
- Saturday, Nov. 11, 2023 – Wills for Heroes, Lancaster County. To sign up for this event, email Cindy firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the schedule.
Most events occur on Saturdays in the fall or spring. Events usually run from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. From 9 to 11 a.m., free mandatory volunteer training is provided, often for 2 CLES (1 ethics, 1 substantive). Then, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., volunteers will provide estate planning for first responders, veterans and pandemic essential personnel.
If there is a flyer for the event, please follow the specific volunteer sign-up instructions on the flyer. To sign up for events without flyers, email David Trevaskis at email@example.com or call or text him at 717-571-7414.
Awards News Releases
Showell Award Recipients