One of the largest in the nation, the PBA/YLD Mock Trial Competition gives more than 300 high school student teams from across the state the opportunity to act as lawyers and witnesses in simulated civil and criminal trials before actual judges and panels of juries. Lawyers volunteer to assist students as team advisors, scorekeepers and regional coordinators. Each year, the winning team goes on to represent Pennsylvania in the national competition.
- Case Material
- Code of Civility
- Code of Ethical Conduct
- Conflict Dates Form
- Guidelines for Attorney Advisors
- Guidelines for Jurors
- Guidelines for Presiding Judges
- Hints of Preparing for the Competition
- Matrix Scoring
- Mock Trial Learner Outcomes
- Philadelphia Rules *Will be posted at a later date
- Rules of Competition
- Rules of Evidence *PA uses the National Mock Trial Rules of Evidence
- Scoresheet *Will be posted at a later date
- Supplement to Case Materials
- Student Timekeeper Guidelines
- Teaching Tips
- Trial Roster Form
If you have any questions about the 2020 Mock Trial Competition, please contact PBA/YLD Coordinator Maria Engles at 1-800-932-0311 ext. 2223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view past case materials click here.