One of the largest in the nation, the PBA/YLD Mock Trial Competition gives more than 300 high school student teams from across the state the opportunity to act as lawyers and witnesses in simulated civil and criminal trials before actual judges and panels of juries. Lawyers volunteer to assist students as team advisors, scorekeepers and regional coordinators. Each year, the winning team goes on to represent Pennsylvania in the national competition.
What is Mock Trial
Volunteer in the Mock Trial Program
Register a Team
2019 Mock Trial Competition Schedule
2019 Coordinator's list
2019 Participating Schools
Fourteen high school teams from across PA have advanced to the PBA Statewide Mock Trial Championship Finals Weekend on March 29-30, 2019.
2019 Regional Winners:
- Region 1 – Eden Christian Academy
- Region 2 – Butler Area Senior High School
- Region 2 – Northwestern High School
- Region 3 – Central High School
- Region 4 – State College Area High School
- Region 5 – Wyoming Seminary College Preparatory School
- Region 6 – Cumberland Valley High School
- Region 7 – Penn Wood High School
- Region 7 – Pennsylvania Leadership Charter School (PALCS)
- Region 8 – Germantown Friends School
- Region 8 – Roman Catholic High School
- Region 9 – Lower Merion High School
- Region 9 – Lower Moreland High School
- Region 10 – Holy Cross High School
All are welcome to attend the Championship weekend and view the trials at the Dauphin County Courthouse in Harrisburg, PA
- Friday – March 29th - Round 1 @ 2:00 p.m. and Round 2 @ 5:30 p.m. (All teams compete in the first two rounds)
- Saturday – March 30th – Round 3 @ 8:30 a.m. (Top four to six teams from the previous night trials advance)
- Saturday – March 30th – Final @ 11:30 a.m. (Top two teams from Round 3)
You can watch the 2019 Mock Trial Championship Final Round on Pennsylvania Cable Network (PCN) on:
- Saturday, April 6 at 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 7 at 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 11 at 8:00 p.m.
Please check your local listings for the PCN channel in your area. After the trial has aired on TV the trial will be posted on the PCN website (www.pcntv.com)
- Case Materials
- Code of Civility
- Code of Ethical Conduct
- Conflict Dates Form
- Guidelines for Attorney Advisors
- Guidelines for Jurors
- Guidelines for Presiding Judges
- Hints of Preparing for the Competition
- Matrix Scoring
- Matrix Scoring NHSMT
- Matrix Scoring Teams
- Mock Trial Learner Outcomes
- Philadelphia Rules
- Rules of Competition
- Rules of Evidence
- Supplement to Case Materials
- Student Timekeeper Guidelines
- Teaching Tips
- Trial Roster Form
If you have any questions about the 2019 Mock Trial Competition, please contact PBA/YLD Coordinator Maria Engles at 1-800-932-0311 ext. 2223 or email@example.com.
To view past case materials click here.