The purpose of the Pennsylvania Bar Association as stated in the by-laws and original charter:
- to advance the science of jurisprudence;
- to promote the administration of justice;
- to see that no one, on account of poverty, is denied his or her legal rights;
- to secure proper legislation;
- to encourage a thorough legal education;
- to uphold the honor and dignity of the Bar;
- to cultivate cordial relations among the lawyers of Pennsylvania; and
- to perpetuate the history of the profession and the memory of its members.
BLI participants will learn about the day-to-day operations, governance, resources and staffing of the association. Participants will be introduced to the various leadership opportunities within the PBA and each participant will be paired with an experienced and committed mentor who is a member of the Board of Governors.