Through this program, PBA members handle cases in their areas of practice or expertise for Pennsylvania's neediest among us, free of charge. The PBA's Pro Bono Office and Legal Services to the Public Committee are coordinating the program.
For the Person in Need:
Persons in need of free legal services assistance can find help in several ways:
- In your community, you can directly contact those lawyer volunteers who publicize their participation in the pro bono program in their local communities.
- Complete the Pro Bono Request for Assistance form the PBA Pro Bono Office will assess the request and refer it to a volunteer lawyer.
- If you have previously signed up, click here to see additional material for people in need
For the volunteer lawyer:
- As a lawyer volunteer, you can register here for participation in the program.
- Registration will require certification of malpractice insurance. After you register for the program, you will receive electronic documents such as an agreement of representation, a pro bono checklist and a termination letter for use with your pro bono clients.
- You will receive an official certificate of participation to publicize your involvement in the program.
- If you have previously signed up, click here to return to the additional materials page for lawyers.