Welcome to the Conference of County Bar Leaders (CCBL) area of the PBA Web site.
Established in 1967, the objectives and purposes of CCBL, are:
- to establish a closer relationship between the local Bar Associations in Pennsylvania, the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the American Bar Association;
- to provide a forum for the mutual interchange of ideas among Bar Associations;
- to provide training, guidance, resources and assistance to local Bar Associations and their leaders;
- to stimulate the work of Bar Associations generally; and
- to promote the standing of the legal profession and the Courts, improve the administration of justice, and improve the economic standing of the legal profession.
The CCBL has evolved to foster fresh and innovative local bar
initiatives and spread those initiatives throughout the commonwealth. It
has helped to develop mutually beneficial relationships among bar
leaders and to improve the status of the legal profession generally in
Pennsylvania by providing education and training to bar leaders and will
continue to do so.
This year CCBL will focus on “Decision Points and Defining Moments” using the following quote from Theodor Seuss Geisel as inspiration: “When something bad happens you have three choices. You can let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you.” Given all of the changes and demands on leaders in 2020, attending CCBL 2021 is more important than ever. Each session will look at different decision points leaders are faced with and how those decisions become defining moments in your personal leadership journey and in the growth and evolution of your bar association.
Save the date, Feb. 25, 2021, for a full-day of virtual leadership sessions and opportunities to exchange ideas with your leadership team and bar leaders from across Pennsylvania!. The registration costs are $100 per person and $500 for leadership teams of five or more. An affordable investment for small bar leaders and an incentive to engage your entire leadership team in this opportunity to plan for the future of your association.