Law Students and Young Lawyers:
Get the Most Out of Your PBA Membership
Membership at the PBA has its privileges. Whether you are a law student or a young lawyer member under 40 years of age or in your first five years of practice, you have a home in the PBA Young Lawyers Division (YLD). Together, the YLD and the PBA offer programs, benefits, services and educational opportunities to help you develop your practice, connect with colleagues from across the state and grow both professionally and personally. Here are some highlights to help you get the most out of your PBA membership.
Advance Your Career
- Diverse educational and networking events like the annual Young Lawyer Summer Summit
- More than 60 sections and committees available to join based on practice areas or professional interests. Law students receive free unlimited section membership!
- PBA Career Center with resumes and job postings
- The Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI), the continuing legal education arm of the PBA, offers high-quality continuing education that enhances the legal practice, in-person and online. Members receive $200 off PBI CLE seminars and law students can attend unlimited PBI courses at no cost!
Find New Ways to Succeed
- Fastcase, the free-with-membership online tool for legal research, offers unlimited access to a full Pennsylvania library, federal-level materials and resources from all 50 states.
- Save money using PBA-preferred vendors and gain valuable practice support and more through our diverse service offerings
Not a member? Join today!
Law student signup. Young lawyer signup. Find out more about PBA membership benefits. Reduced PBA membership rates are available for young lawyers.