Log in for search options
The PBA is committed to providing our members with innovative research solutions. Since 2014, the PBA has offered members no-cost access to Casemaker, the legal research platform. In January 2021, Casemaker and Fastcase merged. As a result, you now have access to both the Casemaker and Fastcase legal research platforms. Read more about the merger.
Who is Fastcase?
Fastcase offers primary legal research, as well as more than 750 books, treatises and journals. Fastcase also integrates with CLIO, Docket Alarm’s briefs, pleadings and motions database, and it syncs with a mobile app on iOS and Android.
More than 1.1 million lawyers nationwide subscribe to Fastcase's legal research tools.
What this means for you.
All PBA members currently have access to both Casemaker and Fastcase. In the coming weeks, your access to Casemaker will end and officially transition to Fastcase. As a benefit, PBA members will continue to have free access to the legal-research platform, Fastcase.
Login and access Casemaker or Fastcase
To help ease your transition, we encourage you to visit the Fastcase Resource Library where you can access tutorial videos, register for training webinars and find answers to your questions.
A comprehensive guide that acts as a complete Fastcase training resource for those who are switching over from Casemaker is a great place to start! Simply click on the guide below that fits your current Casemaker version to learn more.
Casemaker 4 → Fastcase
Casemaker Legal → Fastcase
What new features come with Fastcase?
- Type ahead predictive typing suggestions for search phrases and document selections (similar to functionality in Casemaker 4)
- Suggested terms to focus and refine search results
- Free access to Lex blog, a curation of top legal blogs
- Jurispro expert witness database included for free
- Integrates with CLIO (time track and direct print into client matter)
- Integrates with Docket Alarm
- Integrates with TLOXP (by TransUnion)
- Over 750+ secondary titles available for purchase and available directly in search results (publishers include American Bar Association, American Bankruptcy Institute, Wolters Kluwer, Carolina Academic Press, Full Court Press and many more)
Login to start exploring today!
Ready to get started?
- When you log in to Casemaker, you'll have the option to start using Fastcase or continue to Casemaker. If you choose to start using Fastcase, you will be redirected to its legal research platform.
- On this same page, Casemaker and Fastcase have more information about the merger and transition, as well as links to training resources and webinars.
- Visit the Fastcase Resource Library and consider registering for a training webinar, watching the collection of tutorial videos and reading more information about the transition.
Contact Fastcase and Casemaker customer support.
Available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. ET