One of the largest in the nation, the PBA/YLD Mock Trial Competition gives more than 300 high school student teams from across the state the opportunity to act as lawyers and witnesses in simulated civil and criminal trials before actual judges and panels of juries. Lawyers volunteer to assist students as team advisors, scorekeepers and regional coordinators. Each year, the winning team goes on to represent Pennsylvania in the national competition.
2018 Competition Information
To view you will need to use Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader go to www.adobe.com.
What is Mock Trial
Volunteer in the Mock Trial Program
Start a New Team for the 2018 Season
2018 Mock Trial Competition Schedule
2018 Participating Schools
2018 Coordinator's list
2018 Region/District Map
The Regional and District level trial schedules and scoresheets/results will not be posted on the website. Please obtain the needed information by contacting your Coordinator. If you are unaware of your Coordinator please click on the 2018 Coordinators List on this page.
- Case Materials *Posted on November 3
- Code of Civility
- Code of Ethical Conduct
- Conflict Dates Form
- Guidelines for Attorney Advisors
- Guidelines for Jurors
- Guidelines for Presiding Judges
- Hints of Preparing for the Competition
- How To - Tips for Students
- Mock Trial Learner Outcomes
- National Mock Trial Newsletter *Will be posted at a later date
- Philadelphia Rules of Competition
- Rules of Competition *Updated November 8
- Rules of Evidence
- Supplement to Case Materials
- Student Timekeeper Guidelines
- Teaching Tips
- Tournaments *Will be posted at a later date
- Trial Roster Form
If you have any questions about the 2018 Mock Trial Competition, please contact PBA/YLD Coordinator Maria Engles at email@example.com.
To view past case materials click here.