One of the largest in the nation, the PBA/YLD Mock Trial Competition gives more than 300 high school student teams from across the state the opportunity to act as lawyers and witnesses in simulated civil and criminal trials before actual judges and panels of juries. Lawyers volunteer to assist students as team advisors, scorekeepers and regional coordinators. Each year, the winning team goes on to represent Pennsylvania in the national competition.
What is Mock Trial
Volunteer in the Mock Trial Program
Register a Team
2019 Mock Trial Competition Schedule
2019 Coordinator's list
2019 Participating Schools
- Case Materials *Will be posted on November 2nd
- Code of Civility
- Code of Ethical Conduct
- Conflict Dates Form
- Guidelines for Attorney Advisors
- Guidelines for Jurors
- Guidelines for Presiding Judges
- Hints of Preparing for the Competition
- Mock Trial Learner Outcomes
- National Mock Trial Newsletter *Will be posted at a later date
- Philadelphia Rules of Competition *Will be posted at a later date
- Rules of Competition Note: Some Rules are being simplified for easier clarification. In the meantime, please refer to the 2018 Rules of Competition until the updated file has been posted.
- Rules of Evidence *PA uses the National Mock Trial Rules of Evidence
- Scoresheet *Will be posted at a later date
- Supplement to Case Materials *Will be posted at a later date
- Student Timekeeper Guidelines
- Teaching Tips
- Tournaments *Will be posted at a later date
- Trial Roster Form
If you have any questions about the 2019 Mock Trial Competition, please contact PBA/YLD Coordinator Maria Engles at 1-800-932-0311 ext. 2223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view past case materials click here.