The PBA Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) refers callers to lawyers in the counties that do not have a referral service of their own. This service covers 45 of the 67 counties in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Lawyers participate in this service on a voluntary basis and have indicated the areas of law in which they will accept referrals. Computerization ensures lawyers are rotated automatically by county according to the type of case.
There is no charge for contacting the LRS. By using this service, the participating attorney agrees to grant Referral Service clients an initial consultation of up to one half-hour for a fee of $30; $15 of that fee shall be returned to the PBA Lawyer Referral Service with the client referral form. If it is the policy of the attorney to waive initial consultation fees, he/she is required to collect the $15 referral fee to be returned to the PBA.
The PBA LRS operates Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and can be reached by calling 800-692-7375 (for in-Pa. callers only) or 717-238-6807.
If callers need a lawyer in a state other than Pennsylvania, they may contact that state's bar association.
Pennsylvania Local Lawyer Referral Services
If you are looking for an attorney in a county listed below, please contact that county bar association's Lawyer Referral Service directly.
- Allegheny County, Pittsburgh: (412) 261-5555
- Beaver County, Beaver: (724) 728-4888
- Berks County, Reading: (610) 375-4591
- Blair County, Hollidaysburg: (814) 693-3090
- Bucks County, Doylestown: (215) 348-9413, (888) 991-9922
- Chester County, West Chester: (610) 429-1500
- Dauphin County, Harrisburg,: (717) 232-7536
- Delaware County, Media: (610) 566-6625
- Erie County, Erie: (814) 459-4411
- Lackawanna County, Scranton: (570) 969-9600
- Lancaster County, Lancaster: (717) 393-0737
- Lehigh County, Allentown: (610) 433-7094
- Luzerne County, Wilkes-Barre: (570) 822-6029
- Mercer County, Mercer: (724) 342-3111
- Monroe County, Stroudsburg: (570) 424-7288
- Montgomery County, Norristown: (610) 279-9660
- Northampton County, Easton: (610) 258-6333
- Philadelphia County, Philadelphia: (215) 238-6333
- Washington County, Washington: (724) 225-6710
- Westmoreland County, Greensburg: (724) 834-8490
- York County, York: (717) 854-8755
Free Legal Services & Advice: The Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network is a statewide consortium of independent legal aid programs that provides civil legal assistance to low-income individuals and families. The Network is comprised of nine regional legal aid programs, providing legal assistance to eligible clients in every county in Pennsylvania, and six specialized legal aid programs, providing legal services in specialized areas of the law or to special groups of eligible clients. Additional legal resources and information are available at https://palegalaid.net/explore-your-issue-palawhelporg.