The Louise Hoffmeyer-Overmiller Memorial Scholarship Program, established in 2013, provides a $6,000 scholarship to a fulltime, 3L Pennsylvania resident attending Penn State Dickinson Law in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.
The scholarship is awarded annually, on a competitive basis.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be enrolled as a fulltime 2L/second year student at Dickinson Law in Carlisle, Pennsylvania (the scholarship will be for the 3L year and will be disbursed directly to the law school to offset the upcoming academic year’s tuition expense);
- Be a Pennsylvania resident as documented by applicant’s voter registration card or Pennsylvania driver’s license;
- Possess a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.3, as evidenced by unofficial academic transcript dated on or after January 15, 2020;
- Have financial need as documented by the applicant’s FAFSA Student Aid Report (“SAR”) and response to questions on the application form regarding receipt of other financial assistance and student loan indebtedness;
- Be or become a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association Young Lawyers Law Student Division which is free for electronic members. Sign-up Here
Applications are due no later than February 15. Finalists will be notified by early March and interviewed, if necessary. The successful candidate will be notified no later than April 2, and the scholarship award will be disbursed directly to the law school prior to the start of the upcoming academic year to offset the recipient’s tuition.
Louise Hoffmeyer-Overmiller Memorial Scholarship- FAQs
Louise Hoffmeyer-Overmiller Memorial Scholarship Application