One of the largest in the nation, the PBA/YLD Mock Trial Competition gives more than 300 high school student teams from across the state the opportunity to act as lawyers and witnesses in simulated civil and criminal trials before actual judges and panels of juries. Lawyers volunteer to assist students as team advisors, scorekeepers and regional coordinators. Each year, the winning team goes on to represent Pennsylvania in the national competition.
2015 Competition Information
To view you will need to use Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader go to www.adobe.com.
The Regional/District level trial schedules will not be posted on the website; nor will the results or scores. Please obtain the needed information by contacting your Regional/District Coordinator. If you are unaware of who you Coordinator is please click on the 2015 Coordinators List on this page.
2015 Coordinators List
2015 Competition Schedule
Start a New Team
2015 Participating Schools
New Region/District Map
1. Case Materials
2. Code of Civility
3. Code of Ethical Conduct
4. Conflict Dates Form
5. Guidelines for Attorney Advisors
6. Guidelines for Jurors
7. Guidelines for Presiding Judges
8. Hints of Preparing for the Competition
9. Mock Trial Learner Outcomes
10. National Mock Trial Newsletter
11. Philadelphia Rules of Competition
12. Rules of Competition updated 11/7/14
13. Rules of Evidence We will be going off of the National's Rules of Evidence again this year. .
15. Supplement to Case Materials updated 1/16/15
16. Student Timekeeper Guidelines
17. Teaching Tips
19. Trial Practice Training Examples
20. Trial Roster Form
If you have any questions about the 2015 Mock Trial Competition, please contact PBA/YLD Coordinator Maria Engles at 800-932-0311, ext. 2223, or email@example.com.
To view past case materials click here.