One of the largest in the nation, the PBA/YLD Mock Trial Competition gives more than 300 high school student teams from across the state the opportunity to act as lawyers and witnesses in simulated civil and criminal trials before actual judges and panels of juries. Lawyers volunteer to assist students as team advisors, scorekeepers and regional coordinators. Each year, the winning team goes on to represent Pennsylvania in the national competition.
2016 Competition Information
To view you will need to use Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader go to www.adobe.com.
What is Mock Trial
2016 Competition Schedule
2016 Participating Schools
2016 Coordinators Contact List
Start a New Team for the 2016 Season
The Regional/District level trial schedules and scores will not be posted on the website. Please obtain the needed information by contacting your District Coordinator (2016 Coordinators Contact List).
1. Case Materials Updated 1/13/2016.
All corrections and changes (including high-resolution exhibits) to the Case Materials noted in the Final Supplement have been updated.
2. Case Summary Video
3. Code of Civility
4. Code of Ethical Conduct
5. Conflict Dates Form
6. Guidelines for Attorney Advisors
7. Guidelines for Jurors
8. Guidelines for Presiding Judges
9. Hints of Preparing for the Competition
10. Mock Trial Learner Outcomes
11. National Mock Trial Newsletter
12. Philadelphia Rules of Competition
13. Rules of Competition Updated 10.9.15
14. Rules of Evidence
15. Explanation of Rules of Evidence Video
17. Supplement to Case Materials Updated 1/11/2016.
18. Student Timekeeper Guidelines
19. Teaching Tips
21. Trial Practice Training Examples
22. Trial Roster Form
If you have any questions about the 2016 Mock Trial Competition, please contact PBA/YLD Coordinator Maria Engles at 800-932-0311, ext. 2223, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view past case materials click here.