PBA members can conduct free legal research online using InCite®, a customized Web-based legal research tool powered by LexisNexis™ information services. InCite, the free legal research tool, is available exclusively to PBA members at http://www.pabar.org/public/cobranded.asp. The InCite program is the first of its kind between LexisNexis and any state bar association. InCite combines the quality and reliability of LexisNexis services with the PBA's commitment to supporting lawyers in their practices.
InCite's free expanded library includes:
- Combined court searches
- Appellate cases from all states for the past five years
- All Circuit Court cases
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court cases, 1791 to present
- Pennsylvania Superior Court cases, 1895 to present
- Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court cases, Oct. 1970 to present
- All 3rd U.S. Circuit cases, including U.S. Court of Appeals, District and Bankruptcy cases
- U.S. Supreme Court Case Law, 1790 to present
- Unannotated Pennsylvania statutes, the U.S. Code, and federal and Pennsylvania court rules
- Pennsylvania county decisions
- Shepard's® signal for statutes and cases
- "Get by Citation" tab
- Mealey's Headlines and News Brief
- All New Jersey appellate courts, court rules, Administrative Code and annotated statutes
- Pennsylvania Attorney General opinions
- Pennsylvania state ethics opinions
- Standard jury instructions
You can also get more robust research at a low cost:
·Shepard's Citations Reports, available for a nominal fee, help you quickly validate your research by providing relevant cases, statutes, secondary sources and annotations that cite your authority.
·Annotated Version of a case, available for a nominal fee, provides a case summary written by LexisNexis Attorney Editors, and Core Concepts, which highlight the main points of law in the court's own language.
For more information about InCite, call the PBA Member Service Center
Other PBA-Discounted LexisNexis Programs
Access the most authoritative legal resources available, including LexisNexis, Shepard's Citations, Michie™, Mealey's and Matthew Bender®®, exclusively on LexisNexis at www.lexisnexis.com. PBA members are eligible for these exclusive LexisNexis benefits and additional discounted research packages:
· Research Value Packages: lexisONE offers LexisNexis research priced by the day, week or month for the small law firm. This includes the Shepard's Citator service and links to Cases and Annotated Codes for just one fee.
· Your private online bookstore - open 24/7: Browse a listing of more than 2,500 publications at the LexisNexis Bookstore. Search topics by jurisdiction, practice area or author. You can also visit the online Reading Room to download sample chapters from popular titles.
· The LexisNexis Total Research System at www.lexis.com: Cases and codes are only the beginning of the research possibilities with LexisNexis. Add authority to your argument with comprehensive news, business and public records information as well as authoritative analytical materials. Plus you'll get enhanced navigation for faster, more on-point information.
For more information: Visit www.lexisnexis.com or call 1-800-356-6548.