Welcome to the Pennsylvania Bar Association Lawyers Saluting Veterans (LSV) Program
Through this special program, PBA members handle cases in their areas of practice or expertise for Pennsylvania's military veterans, free of charge. The PBA's Pro Bono Office and Military and Veterans' Affairs Committee are coordinating the program.
For the veteran:
Veterans in need of free legal services assistance can find help in several ways:
- In your community, you can contact directly those lawyer volunteers who publicize their participation in the LSV program in their local communities.
- Call the PBA Lawyers Saluting Veterans Hotline at 800-932-0311, ext. 2570, with your request for assistance. The PBA Pro Bono Office will assess the request and refer it to a volunteer lawyer.
- Complete the Veteran Request for Assistance form. The PBA Pro Bono Office will assess the request and refer it to a volunteer lawyer.
- If you have previously signed up, click here to see additional material for veterans.
For the volunteer lawyer:
- As a lawyer volunteer, you can register here for participation in the program.
- Registration will require certification of malpractice insurance. After you register for the program, you will receive electronic documents such as an agreement of representation, a pro bono checklist and a termination letter for use with your veteran pro bono clients.
- You will receive an official certificate of participation to publicize your involvement in the program.
- If you have previously signed up, click here to return to the additional materials page for lawyers.
Click here for then-PBA President Francis X. O'Connor's "Side Bar" column about the program in the November/December 2014 issue of the PBA's Pennsylvania Lawyer magazine.
MidPenn Legal Services Helping Veterans and Others: Read About Veteran George Dingler's Experience in the 2011-12 Report