The PBA Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) refers callers to lawyers in the
counties that do not have a referral service of their own. This service covers 45 of the
67 counties in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Lawyers participate in this service on a voluntary basis and have indicated the areas
of law in which they will accept referrals. Computerization ensures lawyers are rotated
automatically by county according to the type of case.
There is no charge for contacting the LRS. By using this service, the participating
attorney agrees to grant Referral Service clients an initial consultation of up to one
half-hour for a fee of $30; $15 of that fee shall be returned to the PBA Lawyer Referral
Service with the client referral form. If it is the policy of the attorney to waive
initial consultation fees, he/she is required to collect the $15 referral fee to be
returned to the PBA.
The PBA LRS operates Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and can be reached by calling 800-692-7375 (for in-Pa. callers only) or 717-238-6807.
If callers need a lawyer in a state other than Pennsylvania, they may contact that
state's bar association.
Pennsylvania Local Lawyer Referral Services
If you are looking for an attorney in a county listed below, please contact that county bar association's Lawyer Referral Service directly.
- Allegheny County, Pittsburgh: (412) 261-5555
- Beaver County, Beaver: (724) 728-4888
- Berks County, Reading: (610) 375-4591
- Blair County, Hollidaysburg: (814) 693-3090
- Bucks County, Doylestown: (215) 348-9413, (888) 991-9922
- Butler County, Butler: (724)-841-0130
- Carbon County, Lehighton: (610) 379-4950
- Chester County, West Chester: (610) 429-1500
- Cumberland County, Carlisle: (717) 249-3166
- Dauphin County, Harrisburg,: (717) 232-7536
- Delaware County, Media: (610) 566-6625
- Erie County, Erie: (814) 459-4411
- Franklin County, Chambersburg: (717)267-2032
- Lackawanna County, Scranton: (570) 969-9600
- Lancaster County, Lancaster: (717) 393-0737
- Lebanon County, Lebanon: (717) 273-3133
- Lehigh County, Allentown: (610) 433-7094
- Luzerne County, Wilkes-Barre: (570) 822-6029
- Mercer County, Mercer: (724) 342-3111
- Monroe County, Stroudsburg: (570) 424-7288
- Montgomery County, Norristown: (610) 279-9660
- Northampton County, Easton: (610) 258-6333
- Philadelphia County, Philadelphia: (215) 238-6333
- Washington County, Washington: (724) 225-6710
- Westmoreland County, Greensburg: (724) 834-8490
- York County, York: (717) 854-8755
If you think you may qualify for free legal assistance, the legal aid office near you can be located by
clicking on www.palegalservices.org.
When you reach this site, click on Service/Staff Locator, and then on your county in Pennsylvania.
Most legal service offices will do the "intake" to determine if you qualify for legal service assistance. If you do not qualify for legal aid or if the legal aid office you contact cannot help you for any reason, please check out www.palawhelp.org to see what additional legal resources and information are available to you.